Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentimes...

Happy belated Valentine's Day! Some single people have a hard time with this couple-centric holiday, but I really don't. Of course there does come an oversaturation point where you've seen enough hearts, candies and pink and red to make you puke, but I don't really mind not having a Valentine. Maybe because I never have had a boyfriend on that day I don't know what I'm missing, but to me the Christmas season is much much harder. What do you think?

P.S. enjoy this video from Homestarrunner, "Valentime's is Serious Times," (beware it is very strange and silly, but hilarious). www.homestarrunner.com/tgs12.html

2 comments:

jennifer said...

A couple of years ago a man sent me roses at work for Valentine's Day, totally unexpected. I have to admit I loved being of those women for the day. However, there are other days when it is harder to be single, and in my case, I can't predict the lonely days. At least with Valentine's I get advance warning and prepare other activities.

Hi-D said...

oh. my. I think we should keep track of Mindy cred. The person with the most gets to scrape the gum off all our shoes.