Monday, August 18, 2008

Writer's Block Be Gone

So I don't know if I've been suffering severe writer's block or what. But after a long delay, here is another post. More to come soon!

I don't know if this is a good thing, but it always makes me happy when I happen upon someone my age that is also living the single life, especially if it is a person I went to high school with. Just this summer I've discovered that four people I went to high school with are unmarried (3 girls and one guy). Before that I discovered two other girls from school that weren't married, so that makes seven of us unattached alumni. It's not a large number, but it is nice to know I'm not the only one who is nuptially challenged, because sometimes it feels like I'm pretty much the only single gal left from high school. I also now have a roommate that is my same age that I knew several years ago in college. It's nice to feel like we're in this together.

3 comments:

Scully said...

There is a lovely feeling of camaraderie. And conversely when one of them gets married you feel a bit of a loss. Glad you're back!

JB said...

I have been happily married for 2 1/2 years now, but I still think of myself as single and it makes me happy to see other women my age who aren't married. But I wouldn't recommend they not get married, because I really do enjoy being married, I just don't usually feel like I am. . .

Maybe it's that they're different, but part if it is that I always thought I'd either never get married or it wouldn't happen until I was at least as old as I am now.

I've noticed myself and other friends in serious long-term relationships and we (the females) get a bit lazy sometimes. For example, if Husband wants to drive all the time and I don't care too much either way, I get lazy and used to him driving to certain places or at certain times and lose interest in doing it myself. Mostly, I'm still pretty independent, so I guess that's why I still feel single sometimes.

Anyway, I also can't help but think there's something interesting and spicy about single women after they get past the naivete of the early twenties.

Jessi said...

It is nice to know there are others out there who are in the same boat. I've felt panicky before, thinking I'm the only person not yet married, but really there are many just like me. It's really good to know.