Sunday, February 1, 2009

Be back soon...

Ok, ok. The holidays are over as are finals so now I finally have some time to post. I have a lot of things to write about, but at the same time I don't want to sound too "whiny." I was reading one spinster blog and the author made the comment that most of these types of blogs are usually "whiny." Do I fall into this category? I don't want to be all woe is me, but at the same time I view this as my support group and if I can't express how I feel here, where can I? I want to express how I really feel about real issues, about the ups and downs of spinsterhood and the double standards I see in this social system we're a part of. So if you feel I complain too bitterly, I'd be happy to refer you to another more upbeat spinster blog, but if you can empathize with me then leave a comment and let me know!

5 comments:

Scully said...

Whiny is relative and expressing your feelings is what blogging is all about, good or bad. If I have learned anything in my 30 years it is that the less you worry about what other people think, the happier you are. Not that it is easy to do, but it does get less difficult to do. So carry on - I like reading your blog. And obviously that is what matters . ; )

Jessi said...

I don't think you're whiny.

ww said...

Everyone has our moments. I wouldn't have characterized this blog as whiny. You are simply expressing thoughts that many of us keep to ourselves sometimes.

Spinster in the City (SitC) said...

Thanks everybody, sometimes it's just nice to know.

Chrys said...

I don't think you're whiny! You're one of the few Spinster-ish blogs that *isn't* whiny.

What makes a blog whiny is when the person expresses emotions, but does nothing to fix the sitch they're in. You *do* stuff! Thus you are not whiny :-)