Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Late Bloomer

I've decided I'm a self enforced late bloomer, which really just means I'm a procrastinator. I know this about myself, so I really shouldn't be suprised I'm a spinster. I mean I leave everything else to the last minute, so why not marriage. And it is starting to feel very last minute, eleventh hourish even-at least in the have a family department (because of course you can get married at any time in your life). I think having to move over to a mid-single's ward really made me wake up and say, Hey! You don't have forever to get it all together, so start doing something now!

So I have, I've started making improvements in my life and things are starting to come together in ways I had hardly hoped for. So wish me luck, this could be the beginning of a brand new me-or just an improved newer version of myself, SITC 2.1.

3 comments:

ww said...

I think I've been going through a similar process, actually -- I feel like I'm now living the years I should have had 5 or 6 years ago. And I agree that it's kind of scary. But you know what? It's also much more fun than being bored and lonely.

jennifer said...

As far as blooming goes, better late than never.

Spinster in the City (SitC) said...

ww,
Thanks for your comment. I'm so glad to hear that you're starting to live how you've been wanting to live! It feels good and scary, but it's worth it. I really think we should hang out sometime. Email me your number and I'll call you sometime soon!